Monday, October 30, 2006

Day Trip to Whitby


Today we went to Whitby as it was forecast a beautiful sunny day and we weren't disappointed. It was glorious and quite warm if not a little windy near the sea. Whitby is Andrews favourite place so he was itching to show Isla all the sights even though she's a bit young to take them all in. Not to worry though I'm sure this will be the first of many visits for her.


We couldn't mange the steps to the Abbey so went down the pier instead, it was quite windy down there but Isla loved it.

It had been the Goth weekend and there were still plenty of Goths wandering around, the outfits are something else and we saw quite a few customised funeral cars parked round and about.




We had a lovely lunch and then wandered back to the car, cheeky Isla pinched my seat for the ride home!















As the clocks have gone back it was getting dark early so Isla and Andrew had one last look at the sea before coming home.


Lesley
xx

1 comment:

JKO said...

Hello Isla and Mummy and Daddy,
You are looking so much bigger since I last saw you, is it only three weeks ago? I like your new clothes, you look a real smarty pants. I see now you have progressed into real food, can't believe your Daddy is taking the mess so well! I bet he is getting really excited now about my return.
See you at the week-end. Nan xxxxxk